The meadow just across the highway, and the area to the right (presently a parking lot) were the campgrounds of Gen Sedgwick's VI Corp on June 29, 1863. This location is about 2 1/2 miles south of the headquarters site. The highway is Maryland Rt. 30, called Hanover Pike. It was the main approach route from Baltimore to Hanover. Sedgwick's primary purpose would have been to prevent a breakthrough on this road, by the Confederate army.
This Page last updated 11/24/02
GO TO NEXT STOP ON THE TOUR
RETURN TO BEGINNING OF TOUR
RETURN TO PCL PAGE